Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dynamic audio path

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by SWSDEV, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I noticed in the logs that the dynamic audio is automatically being appended to the working directory. So that means any dynamic audio I use must be within the working directory. I want to reference a path elsewhere on the system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Currently you can use a relative path to reference a file somewhere else. For example create an expression that returns "..\..\..\Somefolder\Somefile.wav".

But I think it would be better to let the user creating an expression to the full path. We'll consider this as a change for the next release we're working on.

Thanks for your feedback!

3. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

OK, that's a good workaround for the file.

I'm planning to just use a copy file code component I made to copy the files to the working directory, and then grabbing them as dynamic audio.

As for the relative path, one problem is that I think the number of directories back to the c:\root is differnt for XP and win7, so you couldn't deploy the same VAD on those machines without changing the depth of the relative path.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'll go count the folder depth.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Yes, maybe you're right. Anyway we'll see if we can change that, so you can create an expression to use the full path.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.