Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dynamic Call Parking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brianoakes, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianoakes

Previously we used an Asterisk PBX. One of the features was the ability to dial a single extension to park a call. My users are complaining that parking a call is too difficult. I have modifiled the Polycom Template to include the Pickup/Park example that someone used so all they have to do is to simply note the # it was parked on.

They want the feature to park to a single extension, then be told the call is parked on x extension? Any way to do this?

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Yes just set you'r BLF keys for SP SP1 SP2 etc......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brianoakes

In our case we have Polycom 550's since we migrated from another PBX. I don't think they have BLFs.

It almost sounds like I need to replace some of the phones. Problem is, I like to keep them all the same, or atleast the same maker.

4. brianoakes

In our case we have Polycom 550's since we migrated from another PBX. I don't think they have BLFs.

It almost sounds like I need to replace some of the phones. Problem is, I like to keep them all the same, or atleast the same maker.

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

The polycom 550's should have 4 line keys. If you use 3cx provisioning you can have the first two buttons be the phone extension and the second two be BLF's. You can assign those buttons to two shared park lines.

I know what you are referring to and I wish it did work as you described. Just simply press the park button and the phone displays what parking spot the call is in. In 3cx it does not work that way.

You can setup parking now so that when parking with Myphone it uses shared park lines. So you can retrieve parked calls via myphone or via BLF's on the phone. 3cx is really built to use the myphone application, but I know some customers/user are reluctant to learn something new.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I've had some luck using dummy extensions that each forward to an SPx but you have no way of knowing which one is in use or not.

7. netswork

netswork Active Member

Craig,

Using that method how do they retrieve the parked call?

8. brianoakes

So far the questions/concerns from the users have been interesting but yes they don't want to learn something new. So far, no one is interested in using the myphone. A few of the test users keep saying it's slow, and they dont' want to remember to load it.

Just trying to make it simple and streamless for them. :) It's like they want a desktop, and don't want a web page.

Question, is the 3cx Assistant still relevant? That looked like a desktop App that someone might be able to use as an alternative to MyPhone.

9. netswork

netswork Active Member

The assistant was prior to the my phone app. For all of my customers installs so far they like just using blf for shared parking. Not very many end up using my phone. Now that you can park in shared parking spots with my phone I think more customers will start using it though. If even for presence alone it's a great tool.

10. brianoakes

I agree, and I was even considering having the main operator use MyPhone as a replacement for her old management console 2 phone systems ago. She keeps asking and asking about.

Now to make the Polycom 335's and 550's ALWAYS 100% of the time do a Blind Transfer. This is a major requirement. Thanks!!!

11. netswork

netswork Active Member

You can do one button blf blind transfers with the 650 and the side cars. Makes transferring easy. I know the Cisco spa has a blind transfer soft key. I have not dove too deep into the config files on the polycom to know if a blind transfer option is available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.