Dynamic Outbound Caller ID possible?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by narkumas, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narkumas

narkumas New Member

Hi alltogether,

I would be very happy about suggestions how to solve my problem.

I have different agents (inbound and outbound) who work for different departments. When an agent makes an outbound call, his phone should send the specific outbound caller ID of the department.

It should work in softphone and CTI mode if possible.

Any ideas?

Your help is very appreciated!

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

If your trunk provider allows it, you could change the 'Outbound Caller ID' under each extension. Does mean that every call from the extension will be the same caller ID

3. narkumas

narkumas New Member

Yes, but the next call might need a different ID. Nonsense to change the outbound ID on managemnt console for each call...

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

At the moment you need multiple trunks to achieve this. If you have the ability to add multiple trunks then you can set a different outbound caller ID to each trunk and control where the call will leave via the outbound rules

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

6. @lä

Hi,
    I also have many customers which I can't migrate to 3CX because of the lack of multiple caller ID's without multiple trunks.
    They just want to push a function key for each ID they want to use. In German it's called "Liniewähler"

7. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I encourage you to look at our 3CX Caller ID add-on. It allows the agent to select the desired outbound caller ID from a predefined list. So if they are wanting to make several calls in behalf of Department A, select Department A from the list, make your calls, then revert back to your default caller ID when you are finished. It is super easy to use, and because it is a tiny web application there is nothing to install on the agent's computer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.