• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dynamically Audio Files not accessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagemaster

Customer
Reaction score
Your documentation says to create a Dynamic Audio file prompt the expression must be "..\ExternalAudio\Audio.wav". This will look in %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ExternalAudio folder

Whether I use the ".." or not it only looks in the folder of the project, it does not go to the %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ but always goes to %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\MyVadProject so that "..\ExternalAudio\Audio.wav" looks in the %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\MyVadProject\ExternalAudio folder instead of %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ExternalAudio

How do I make it look in the ivr folder so that the folder can be outside the project? I am using 3cx VAD v14.

Hi there,

Please note that the back slash is a special character for javascript expressions, and you need to escape it. You should use the following expression instead:
'..\\ExternalAudio\\Audio.wav'

Or you can use the other slash if you prefer which is not a special character:
'../ExternalAudio/Audio.wav'

Please give it a try and let me know.

That was already assumed and it is the way it is entered. What I typed is what the log shows. It does not go to the root of ivr but to the root of the project folder.

Can you post a screenshot of your Dynamics Audio Prompt configuration? And upload the 3CXIvrServer.log file?

Attached is the log and a screenshot of the expression editor.

Attachments

• 10-12-2015 3-37-33 PM.png
    10-12-2015 3-37-33 PM.png
    144.2 KB · Views: 6,634
  • 3CXIvrServer.log
    1.1 KB · Views: 204
Hi there,

I've doing some tests, and it seems there is a bug in the way the file path is built.

Please try with the following expression that works for me:
'../../ExternalAudio/Audio.wav'

It seems that for now you need to add an additional "move to parent directory" indication.

We'll have this fixed in the next release of the VAD, meanwhile please use the expression above.

Kind regards.

That seems to work. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.