Dynamically Audio Files not accessed

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by imagemaster, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imagemaster

Your documentation says to create a Dynamic Audio file prompt the expression must be "..\ExternalAudio\Audio.wav". This will look in %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ExternalAudio folder

Whether I use the ".." or not it only looks in the folder of the project, it does not go to the %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ but always goes to %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\MyVadProject so that "..\ExternalAudio\Audio.wav" looks in the %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\MyVadProject\ExternalAudio folder instead of %ProgramData%\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ExternalAudio

How do I make it look in the ivr folder so that the folder can be outside the project? I am using 3cx VAD v14.

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi there,

Please note that the back slash is a special character for javascript expressions, and you need to escape it. You should use the following expression instead:
    '..\\ExternalAudio\\Audio.wav'

Or you can use the other slash if you prefer which is not a special character:
    '../ExternalAudio/Audio.wav'

Please give it a try and let me know.

3. imagemaster

That was already assumed and it is the way it is entered. What I typed is what the log shows. It does not go to the root of ivr but to the root of the project folder.

4. VAD_Support

Can you post a screenshot of your Dynamics Audio Prompt configuration? And upload the 3CXIvrServer.log file?

5. imagemaster

Attached is the log and a screenshot of the expression editor.

Attached Files:

6. VAD_Support

Hi there,

I've doing some tests, and it seems there is a bug in the way the file path is built.

Please try with the following expression that works for me:
    '../../ExternalAudio/Audio.wav'

It seems that for now you need to add an additional "move to parent directory" indication.

We'll have this fixed in the next release of the VAD, meanwhile please use the expression above.

Kind regards.

7. imagemaster

That seems to work. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.