• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dynamically change Queue Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagelit

Reaction score
Hi,

we're looking for a way to grab (internal) numbers from SQL Server based on callerid and add them dynamically to a queue.

Maybe someone has some snippets for us?

Alternatively grab numbers from sql based on callerid and call them.

Thanks for any hints.

Best regards
Jens

Hi Jens,

Not sure if I understood what you're trying to do, but maybe this article helps you:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/database-vad-3cx/

It's written for MySQL, but any other database is also valid. You can access your SQL Server, doing a query which includes the caller ID and get some info. Then you can do different things on that call depending on the database results, for example transfer the call to a different queue depending on something, etc.

Let me know if you're looking for something else, if you describe what you're trying to achieve in more detail maybe I can help you better.

Kind regards.

Hi,

to be more precise: i need a way to dynamically build queues based on sql queries.

So, i need to add members or remove members in a queue based on sql-Data.

In example, we have a queue "Support". Now we look into SQL depending on the Callerid - who needs to be first in the queue so the caller gets routet to the best technician for the job.

Getting data from SQL is working good but the queue part i have no idea.

Thanks

But the queues should be already created from the console, right? You just need to transfer the caller to the right queue? What problem are you experiencing?

Hi,

no i completely need to create all queue members dynamically while in a call.

Regards
Jens

OK, in that case this is the API you need to use:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/take-control-of-calls-on-3cx-with-the-call-control-api/

You need to create a .NET DLL, use that API from that DLL, and call your DLL from the VAD using an External Code Execution component.

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.