Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

dynamics crm not available

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Matt H, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt H

I'm trying to set up crm integration with the desktop app but the dyanmics crm integration is not listed in the "DotNet Scripts" box. It used to be in the plugins addon that gets installed but I was reading it looks like its enabled by extension now? I went to the extension and checked it but there is nothing in the dropdown to choose the integration. I went to the setting > crm integration and clicked add but I'm not sure what needs to be selected here.

2. Matt H

After screwing around all day thinking it was something not registering properly with the plugins installer, I ended up downloading the trial for 15.5 and installing it just local on my laptop since we are on 15.0 currently. From there I went to the crm integration section and found what the documentation was indicating for "Available integrations" and had it download the Dynamics one I was looking for, searched for the zip in the local server install directory and then copied the zip up to the real server. Would have saved some frustration if the download was just available somewhere and information not scattered across many blog posts on the 3cx page.

Frustration was quickly dissipated after I realized how nicely this is implemented, the zip is just an uncompiled c# project which is compiled client side in the 3cx app. I've already added to the zip a bit with some things like adding a note in the description field to indicate the contact was created by 3cx integration. I have plans to create a case/opportunity automatically and go to that if the contact already exists. This is really great stuff. Has anyone else made their own adjustments to the MS Dynamics integration?

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

HI - happy you got this working.

Don't get too excited for now because we will scrap this soon and go for Dynamics 365 server side!!! We are working on this..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Matt H

Thanks for the response. If you're going to change the way this is implemented again(I think this used to be built into the plugins msi) please make it this easy to customize and test. If its built into a managed solution It might be kind of cumbersome. Testing this now i don't even have to update the zip on the 3cx server settings, just keeping the VERSION file the same and then editing the cs files will test locally, seems to recompile when you go into the settings page for it and dont even have to restart the client app.

I've already added methods to open the phone call entity that gets created after the call ends with options the user can select. Tonight I'm planning on completing the option to open a new case with the caller as the contact, or to open the contact for the caller.

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It will be server side and again scriptable.
    When we come to the dynamics part I will definitely contact you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.