Dynamics CRMonline and 3CX not functioning

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by stevest, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevest

I've got a 3CX 15.5.SP1 Pro installation and am trying to integrate our Microsoft Dynamics365 (online) with the 3CX client for windows. I have the MicrosoftDynamicsCRM.zip showing up under the installed CRM integration and I've enabled my extension for that integration.

On the windows client (version 15.5.6354.2), I can see General and Microsoft Dynamics CRM under settings, advanced settings, Integration.

General is set for On Ring, Enable journaling, Create new contact if not found, and Max digit length = 7.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is set for, Authentication Method = Office365, with a username and password and North America selected. All the contact lookup's are checked and use default browser is checked.

I've saved, exited and restarted the 3CX windows app.

When a call comes to the extension the app rings, but no browser pops up. There must be something very obvious that I'm missing, but I've yet to fine it.

I'm am curious how the app would know the URL of my online CRM instance (production or sandbox) but it appears that it doesn't even trigger a web browser to open.

Can anyone help me get past this hurdle?

2. Alldayrr

Any update on this?

3. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Check the plug-in logs from folder "%AppData%\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs", pretty sure you will see the cause of the problem there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stevest

Thank you Ernesto!
    I forgot all about looking for a 'new' log named MicrosoftDynamicsCRM.log

Mon 27-Nov-17 7:35:38 AM - C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\DotNetScripts\MicrosoftDynamicsCRM\VERSION
    Mon 27-Nov-17 7:35:38 AM - Plugin Version: 915
    Mon 27-Nov-17 7:35:38 AM - Using DiscoveryUri=https://disco.crm.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc
    Mon 27-Nov-17 7:35:42 AM - Error loading configuration: The specified organization does not exist. Available organizations are: 'mycompany Sandbox', 'mycompany Production'

I made two errors:

1. I followed the instructions to the letter, which said: "When using office365 authentication, you just need to specify your username, password and location." That is now proven to be incomplete, you MUST specify the CRM instance (Organization) as well.

2. I guessed at my organization name early on in troubleshooting (trying the full URL) and that didn't work. The log error showed me the correct name to use.

upload_2017-11-27_9-27-47.png

Thanks everyone for all your help, this can be marked SOLVED!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.