DYNDNS ISSUE??

Discussion in 'Windows' started by trkostas, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trkostas

Hi,

this is my first post in the forum.
    i have downloaded the free edition of 3cx and iam very satisfied with it,=.

i have one issue so far..

i am trying to connect an external extension to a voip capable router .. (netfaster IAD - greek vendor) i have the pBX under dynamic provided ip so therefor i use Dyndns to register the external extension.

when i am using my dyndns address phone seems to be registered and it can be called from other sides but it can not call back none and no audio its tranfered in all cases.(error messase at activity log says " user unknown rejecting call)

when i use the numeric IP everything is working fine???

any ideas cause this is ok as soon as my ip is the same for some time when it changes i have to change it again at the external extension settings..

i have exactly the same problem when iam using X-lite

2. trkostas

ok solved! :lol:

3. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello,
    how you solve it?

4. kanshare

Hi,

He probably solved it with the need to ensure that a renew of the IP address conducted from where the Server is connected to the modem and not from anywhere else.

The reason is that the dyndns system updates with the IP address from the modem where the update is being requested. I.e. If your server is on one system and you on another. If you login from the the second system it will take that IP hence your dyndns host will now be associated to the wrong IP. Hence not getting connected to the server.

One way to kind of rig it costantly is to place the DYNDNS client to poll from the router where the server is. Hence will update periodically correctly. The other is to pay for the server to increase the abuse threshold and improve service.

See ya!

Keith

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.