Early Media

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pstulac, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pstulac

Is the 3cx able to deal with early media? I have my 3cx sending a receiving calls thru my sbc and I have validated that the early media is being sent to the 3cx but the phone system just plays ringing instead of the actual media that is being sent to it. Is there an option somewhere on the 3cx to get this to work? Any other sip application server that I put behind the sbc plays the media.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

My guess is "no", that 3CX does not currently support the type of early media requests you are attempting. 3CX supports the RFC applicable to SIP which does provide for certain early media exchanges, but I am guessing and surmising that you are looking for more and possibly in tune with the early media contained within RFC 3960, which I have not seen mentioned.

To be in the safe side, you should contact 3CX support directly and explain in detail your efforts for a more definitive answer. I saw where there was a feature request for early media support, but not the response to same.

3. pstulac

Thanks for the answer.... Unfortunately I believe you are right and am not really willing to pay for a support case just to find out they don't support a feature that quite frankly I have never come across a phone system (open source or paid for) that didn't handle. Well I guess I'll test V12 Beta and if it doesn't support it, begin the process to move on to another phone system.

4. danavni

Did you come across a version that does support early media? I am going to have the need to support it soon and am not sure that version 14 supports it

5. Enoch

@Danavni - I had asked the same question previously. And there is a parameter for Early Media, but it doesn't seem to work. I still hoping that 3CX Developer will see both our post now and get that correct on the next SP.

v14-early-media-support-44375.html

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As far as I am aware, 3CX Phone System does support Early Media, so even if the Provider sends you the ringing sound through Early Media, the endpoint should hear it as it is sent from the Provider.

If this is the case that is not working then check 2 things:
    - You do not have PBX Delivers Audio or Call Recordings on for that extension.
    - The Outbound Rule that is being used to make the Outbound Call, make sure that it only has 1 route set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.