EarthLink Business SIP and 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tempus.IT, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tempus.IT

We have and EarthLink buisness SIP that I'm trying to get configured with 3CX v12

EarthLink doesn't support 3CX and isn't willing to help out. So far, I have the incoming call ringing my extension, but when I pick up it just continues to ring.

Anyone have any experience with EarthLink or pointers on figuring out why it's not connecting?

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It would appear that , some SIP messages are not getting through, or the expected message is not getting through.

This could be as a result of your router/firewall blocking something. What make/model router are you using? that could make a big difference.

Have you run the 3CX Firewall Checker?

If that passes, then you could use Wireshark to confirm what messages are being sent and recieved.

Have you tried configuring a VoIP set, or ATA, a single device, connected to the provider, to confirm that works?

3. Tempus.IT

EarthLink provides their own router with a LAN IP'd interface, so we are hitting it directly with no other router or firewall between the 3CX server and the EL router. The Windows firewall on the PC is disabled for testing purposes.

Since the incoming call rings my test phone, but picking up the receiver doesn't actually answer the call, I'm pretty sure the there's something in the 3CX response messages that's not what EarthLink wants. I can try to do some Wireshark testing next week though.

If no one has experience with EL SIP directly I can always attempt to spin up an Asterisk server (supported by EL) and use Wireshark to compare packets. That's a lot of effort though if someone already knows the answer :)

Or here is a list of EarthLink's supported PBXs http://www.earthlinkbusiness.com/voice/sip-trunking-reference-center.xea

Maybe one of them is easy to translate to 3CX settings? I looked, but couldn't find anything that was close enough for me to make the translation happen.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.