Easier way to change templates

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ppickens, Oct 26, 2017.

Easier way to change templates 5 5 44votes
5/5, 44 votes

1. ppickens

Being an admin of 20-30+ installations of 3cx, I and my co-workers have one major issue with upgrading. We are forced to use custom templates for all clients, due to the fact the 3cx base templates are not suitable for most businesses. This isn't too hard to fix on the template side of things, but changing templates for each extension after every upgrade has become a tedious process since the advent of version 15. In version 14 you could select the template from a drop down, click apply or okay and then continue with the rest. Now the process is to delete the template/MAC from the extension, click add, re-enter Mac address, select template, OK, check all other settings (IE phone webpage password) and then click OK. This greatly extends the upgrade time, as it is important to use the new 3cx approve template syntax.

Is it possible to make this process like v14? Or possibly allow a mass modify via .csv import without having to delete all the extensions. This would make things much easier on the administrative staffing that actively sell and support 3CX.

2. jvaillancourt

I agree with you. That is one part of the management console that I wish they would redesign.

3. dkeethler

I definitely don't know why 3CX made this change--it specifically makes things MORE DIFFICULT. Can someone from 3CX comment here?

4. services5

We also found this , most default template are not for power business or aka power user , we even could not have the correct dialtone with snom phone and this is consider normal ......

Frederick Marcoux likes this.
  5. Silly English Kniggit

Agreed. This is a lot harder than it needs to be. It's great trying to make 3CX more user friendly, but it would be very helpful if 3CX could remember that their partners often heavily customise to suit end users - and without that customisation, those sales are very hard or impossible to make - 3CX and the partner lose sales.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    futures, curtcar21 and accentlogic like this.
  6. 12494

12494 Member

Agree, agree, agree.
    Makes it much more work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. f2it

8. yanceyworks

9. dkeethler

Can anyone from 3CX reply to this thread? I opened a ticket with them as to why the process was degraded and the answer I received was essentially "tough luck, go post something in Ideas".

10. tstrathdee

11. ppickens

Thanks fellow partners for the support on this. It is quite problematic for us.

3CXDude likes this.
  12. dkeethler

I don't want this thread to die. Still looking for someone from 3CX to comment here.

3CXDude likes this.
  13. dkeethler

Following up. Waiting on 3CX response.

accentlogic likes this.
  14. services5

+1 , there is not a single deployement where the default templates are not modified to answer customer's needs , without this not a single 3CX would have been sold from us

Frederick Marcoux and curtcar21 like this.
  15. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

This is especially an issue for phones behind an SBC. The new features added for phone provisioning each extension help, but they each must be done manually for each extension.

16. phil@lgmanor.com

+1 - add a HQ location with 20 remote sites as bridges and it gets old.
    +20

17. brianlgrimm

+1. Very painful to change templates.

18. curtcar21

AGREE! And bring back auto provisioning Like accentlogic said

19. simply7

Agreed. there needs to be a better way to modify templates en masse. Even though you can export, delete everything, and import. That just does not make sense and is a waste of time, especially when customers don't want to pay for it.

Oh also can custom template not show up as red under Phones? hard to determine out of date phones and custom template phones.

Frederick Marcoux likes this.
  20. Joe Bobbitt