• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Easier way to park/unpark calls to emulate key system

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotvoip

Reaction score
We are new to 3cx and we would like to emulate a key system by using park/pickup. The goal is to have one button on say a yealink phone that is being monitored by all the phones like the current shared park extension feature key via auto provisioning. We would like the ability for the user to press the said key and all the phones will go red like they currently do and anyone can press that button to take the call. The use case would be the call gets established, gets answered on phone A, they hit the Park key, and can page or yell "Joe call on park one", Joe can take the call from any phone by pressing park one. The current way of parking it on an extension and retrieving it from an extension would be hard for the less sophisticated users at say a pizza shop to understand. If we can get it down to one button it emulates a key system using park/pickup. Thanks, Kevin

Especially on Yealinks, what you described is exactly how it works.

Thanks, I thought that was the way it worked but was told by our distributor that i needed two keys. I downgraded the Yealink firmware I had on the phone from .89 which was a test version I was given for something else to .70 and it is working as expected. Press the park key, they all go red, and I can pick up the call on any phone with that park orbit configured. Thanks again, Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.