Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Easier way to update all phone ringtones?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by schmork, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schmork

We are currently using Grandstream phones which have 3 custom ringtones and a system default ringtone which is built into the phones. The 3 custom ringtones that come with the phone are terrible so we have always used the system default ringtone.

We have now upgraded to version 15.5 and they added a section in the phone's template which makes external calls use ringtone 2 and queue calls use ringtone 3. Since we can't change the default template, the only way I can think of to change everyone back is to create a custom template that changes those distinctive rings back. This is going to be a nightmare since i have 150+ phones and I have to go into each extension and delete the old phone, re-add it back using the custom template then reprovision the phone.

Is there a setting somewhere in the phone system to change what ringtone is used for the distinctive rings without changing every single phone's template to a custom one or am I just out of luck?

I thought about converting and using the system default ringtone as ring1, ring2, ring3 but I cant find it anywhere to download. It seems to be only a built in ringtone.

2. schmork

OK I kinda figured out something to fix it until the next big update comes up and I have to repair it again. The default provisioning templates are located in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones I made a copy of the original template and moved it to a safe location and then changed the distinctive ring tones to use the default ring instead of ring 2 and ring3 like what was hardcoded by 3cx in the default templates. After a factory reset of all the phones they picked up the proper provisioning information that I needed them to get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.