Easier way to update all phone ringtones?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by schmork, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schmork

We are currently using Grandstream phones which have 3 custom ringtones and a system default ringtone which is built into the phones. The 3 custom ringtones that come with the phone are terrible so we have always used the system default ringtone.

We have now upgraded to version 15.5 and they added a section in the phone's template which makes external calls use ringtone 2 and queue calls use ringtone 3. Since we can't change the default template, the only way I can think of to change everyone back is to create a custom template that changes those distinctive rings back. This is going to be a nightmare since i have 150+ phones and I have to go into each extension and delete the old phone, re-add it back using the custom template then reprovision the phone.

Is there a setting somewhere in the phone system to change what ringtone is used for the distinctive rings without changing every single phone's template to a custom one or am I just out of luck?

I thought about converting and using the system default ringtone as ring1, ring2, ring3 but I cant find it anywhere to download. It seems to be only a built in ringtone.

2. schmork

OK I kinda figured out something to fix it until the next big update comes up and I have to repair it again. The default provisioning templates are located in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones I made a copy of the original template and moved it to a safe location and then changed the distinctive ring tones to use the default ring instead of ring 2 and ring3 like what was hardcoded by 3cx in the default templates. After a factory reset of all the phones they picked up the proper provisioning information that I needed them to get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.