• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Echo for the caller when on speakerphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauvins

Reaction score
[N1/CM6]

A caller told me that he experienced a strong echo. I was using the speakerphone and was totally oblivious to this -- at my end, the audio was 10/10.

I presume that because of the voIP delay, my mic did pick up and resent the caller's voice, loud and clear. There is probably a way to handle this programmatically.

In the meantime, it could be a good idea to display a warning on the handset whenever the speakerphone is activated, just to make us aware of this potential glitch.

Hi,

What Phone are you using? Android Version?
Did you install the latest 3CXPhone from the Market?

Are you using the Phone with a VoIP Provider? Or is it connected to the 3CX PBX?

There's an application that might help me shed some light on the situation. Could you go to the Market and install "Sendlog", run the application, select "Process" and send the logs at [email protected]

Hi, I experienced the same echo behaviour at caller party.

My scenario was:
- mobile phone: Samsung Smartphone GT-I5500 - O.S. Android 2.1;
- 3CX Phone Client for Android last buil downloaded today from market;
- 3CX PBX Server vs. 9 last build available;
- new extension created on PBX for testing Android Client

Here after my tests:
1) Creation of a profile with standard settings, internal and external PBX server IP configured, NAT and ICE enabled, connection via 2G and 3G
* Calling both an internal extension and a external number a costant echo can be heard at called party while at my side the voice quality is really good.
2) WiFi connection - same subnet of PBX Server - same profile as per - 1)
* The android client seems to be using the external server IP to connect PBX instead of the internal one.
* Result: strange behaviour such as: no ring, one way audio,...
3) Creating a new scenario with just internal PBX server IP configured and connection via my own WiFi
* Same result as per test - 1 -.

Some questions:
A) Is there any way to access to the audio settings during a voip call since clicking the menu button the 3CX Client menu appears? I mean switch to: bluetooth, external speaker, earphone,...
B) Is there any possibility to setup the registration failure retry interval
C) If I click the left bottom button for my address book an error appears and the application is closed

Thanks & Regards

LeonidasG said:
Hi,

What Phone are you using? Android Version?
Did you install the latest 3CXPhone from the Market?

Are you using the Phone with a VoIP Provider? Or is it connected to the 3CX PBX?

There's an application that might help me shed some light on the situation. Could you go to the Market and install "Sendlog", run the application, select "Process" and send the logs at [email protected]

3CX from the market on N1/2.2 (and CM6); my trunk provider.

I doubt you'll learn anything from log inspection. I can call you if you wish... the nature of the problem seems pretty obvious (my handset's mic picks the caller audio from the speakerphone and sends it back...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.