echo gsm portech

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MarcelvanKuilenburg, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcelvanKuilenburg

Hello there,

I've installed a portech mv 374 on to my 3cx V8 but when I do make calls via the mv374 I do get some echo. Anyone has any experience with (how to solve) this.

gr
    M

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Echo ( that you are hearing) is always the result of the combination of a delay (which is understandable given the conversion process in SIP), and the audio that you are sending being either too loud, or the result of bad echo suppressors at the far end. Some of your conversation comes back towards you. If there were no delay, like a landline call across town, you wouldn't notice it, in fact the sidetone in your ear is there for a reason. When you throw in a GSM network, which you have no control over, along with VoIP,then you can get some real issues.

Is the echo outbound inbound or both? If outbound only, then if there are settings, you could try to reduce the audio level you are sending to the GSM network. That way you don't overload the echo suppressors at the far end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.