• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Echo on incoming calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram!

Reaction score
Hi,

We have 3CX version 12 with some 60 SPA 504G phones, On daily basis we get around 300 incoming calls in which 3 to 5 calls have echo (We dont hear the customer, we just hear our own voice). Outgoing calls works fine.

PBX delivers audio is checked for the trunk and the phone and still has the same issue.

I am not able to get wireshark trace as the issue is random. Firmware for the phones are 7.5.2, some with 7.5.4 and some with latest 7.5.5

Trunk which we are using is voiptalk.

could anyone please let me know if the issue is with provider or with 3CX.

Kind regards,

I'm assuming that this is happening on random extensions and not just particular sets.

The real issue is lack of audio, on some incoming calls. Because this is random, using one provider, you are going to have to have a look at the 3CX log, for any error messages, right after it occurs. This may show a pattern, something that you can use in conjunction with your VoIP provider to troubleshoot, if necessary. It could be that a SIP message is being lost, on occasion, which may end up being a network, or ISP issue.

What we do is set up wireshark to run daily all day and save pcap files in 40mb blocks. You don't want this to run forever but it solves the problem for intermittent issues. Just advise users to give you date, time, phone number detail when the issue occurs again.

I'm not sure if this is what you are experiencing but I had an installation where customers users heard echo but outsiders did not. I am not sure about the phones you have but I did find out that some phones generate something called 'sidetone'. This is basically giving the inside talker their own voice back through their earpiece. The idea being if there is none of this then the line sounds too quiet and they think they have lost their connection. Sometimes this sidetone is too loud and users call it echo. Yealinks have a configuration setting to adjust the sidetone.

Good luck.
Allen

Hi,

Yes, it happens on random extension.

Once in every hour there used be this issue, So restarted the 3CX phonesystem services and everything is okay.

Now I am sure that the issue is with 3cx and not with the SIP provider. I will first try to get the trace and see what is going on.

This is the first time we are facing this issue, not sure why?

Regards,

Hi Allen,

Yeah, I would try to get the wireshark trace first and see whats going on.

As restart of services solved the issue, I am assuming that issue would be with 3cx itself and not with phones.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.