Echo on internal calls after turning up handset input gain

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by johnnyboy, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnyboy

Hi All

I have recently set up a pc running 3cx (free version) and I have linksys spa921 phones (14 of) connecting to 3 outside bt lines (Uk) via a Patton 4fxo pstn gateway

I had a complaint that on an external call (pstn) the person external said that the call volume is very quiet. I then turned up the handset input gain to 6 on all handsets which solved the problem.

This then created an echo problem on all internal calls which did not exist before.

Any ideas would be appreciated as customer is ready for removing the 3cx and trying something else instead !!!

John

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hello John,

if you have an echo, there is some reason :

- bad newtork connexion
    - saturated network
    - saturated server

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. johnnyboy

I previously had no echo until I turned up the handset input gain inside the linksys spa921 handset. I was wondering if it was feedback as the handset microphone is more sensitive to the handset speeker.

Could do with some tweaking advice please so I can make outside calls louder and internal phones can be turned down back to 0 gain.

4. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

we have installed the same phone in some company. per default the sound is very down, and we must take to gain 4 or 6.

try this configuration :

headset input 6
    handset additionnal 3
    speaker.... 3

in user tab :
    handset volume 11
    speaker volume 8
    handset volume 10

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Can you turn up the gain on the gateway? Perhaps only a couple of db on the handsets, just to below the point that you get internal echo, and then a bit on the Patton. You have to try calls to long distance numbers, that is where you will get noticeable echo on external calls if the gain is too high.

6. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

i have try with this ocnfiguration 3cx system and linksys spa922 and in other site voipclient with tunnel. in fact we have echo juste for the spa922, not for voipclient.

7. johnnyboy

Maybe I have got to upgrade the spa 921 firmware as the options for gain are -6, 0 or 6 ... 3 is not even an option.

8. johnnyboy

I would like to turn the gain back down to 0 (normal) on the handsets and then turn up the gain on the gateway but not sure what I need to alter. I will be going back to site tomorrow and will see if there is a gain for Tx, Rx or something similar and try that as im not really sure what im looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.