• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Echo on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatson

Reaction score
I just installed 3cx phone on my friends laptop she is outside my lan. everything works great. except there is a echo.

She's using the speakers on her laptop and built in mic on her computer.

Hi
At this moment, 3CXphone doesn't provide echo cancellation support. Since no headphones are used, the only thing which can be done at this moment is to lower computer's microphone volume - specially microphone boost - to avoid sound coming from speaker to go to the microphone.

Hope it helps
Regards
vali

As a mic setting I recommend sound level 32, it seems to do the job, obviously you need to adjust diffrently per pc but that number is where you should start.

Just plug a set of walkman type earbuds into the headset jack. That should cut off the speakers, she can still use the computers mic.

I would go for LEEJOR's solution.
Our employees use the 3CX Phone all the time with a walkman headset and the built-in mic and it works just fine.
I think in most cases it will be near impossible to avoid echo given the fact that the speakers and mic are to close to one another.

Just any 5-10 dollar headphones you can find would do the job you want.
I think it would be almost impossible to make VoIP calls with the Laptops built in Mic since it's so close to the speakers, this creates a lot of echo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.