Echo on phone call

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ebooyens, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebooyens

Hi there! Just looking for some help with the Windows 3CX Softphone please, I'm on the latest version of the phone system and softphone and when I speak to people they say they here an echo of themselves. I've played with settings in the softphone but couldn't find anything that would fix it so would appreciate some advice!

Thank you!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You don't say if you are using the phone with the 3CX PBX or a VoIP provider.

You are not using the built-in speakers and mic in a laptop are you?

The far end hearing echo might be a result of what you are using (headset?) at your end. In VoIP the audio is kept separate until the final digital to audio conversion. At that point, and beyond (in the analogue portion) the two "paths" can mix. This allows some of the far end audio to "leak" back to them. Given the delays inherent in VoIP, this causes echo. If the audio level that they are sending is excessive, it makes it worse.

Have you tried using different headsets?

Be sure that there is no "audio enhancement" feature enabled in the computer.

3. ebooyens

Sorry for the delay in replying, didn't get an e-mail to notify me of your post despite having chosen that option. We are using the 3CX PBX for Windows.

I'm using a Logitech headset and haven't had any issues with it with other VoIP software but I'll try a different one. I'm using a different Softphone now to see if that makes a difference. I made a call to someone else in out company (so internal extension) using 3CX MyPhone, so it rang my softphone and I answered hearing the music and waiting for the other end to answer if you know what I mean. When they picked up I could hear an echo of myself. They're using the 3CX softphone for Windows and the same headset so it's not just my setup but might be the combination with the headset that's the problem.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.