• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

echo problem with Linsys 3102

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Georgiou

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
After 5 min talking appears echo

Usually this is correctable by tweaking the gain settings in the SPA, especially if you have already tweaked some to improve volume both ways. Settings seem to vary by each installation so no "rule of thumb" that I am aware of, just play a bit.

Is the echo on one side or both parties?

Echo can be a b... problem of the SPA is that the PSTN is passed on to the Line1. Having said that it converts the call twice :). Once to voip and than back to analogue.

Try this (sounds agains all odds).

Disable all echo cancellation:

Echo Canc Adaptive Enable = No
Echo Supp Enable = No
Echo Canc Enable = No

Set the FXO port Impedance on the PSTN tab to 220+820||120nF and set FXS Port Impedance to 220+820||115nF as a starting point

Set the spa to use prefered codec only (in this case it is G711)for the PSTN line, but for the LINE 1 set it to no (this reduces latency).

If you hear still an echo, your "power" is tho high (same as with the radio). Try what MirZab said, but do it slowely in increments of 3.
Try to SPA to PSTN first (this is for outgoing)
If you enable Echo Supp Enable, you will negate these parameters. The Sipura echo suppression is just an automatic gain control and it is recommended that it be kept disabled.

if the receiving party gets an echo, your phone might be to loud.
You can also try to fix the Impedance, if the hone and the SPA have a difference you can introduce echo aswell. Try to chang the FXS impedance to some other setting (eg 600) do the same for FXO port in regional.

Start with that, let us know how you go :-0.

Henk,

Are any of these settings country specific?

I'm in the US should I do anything different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.