Echo Snom PA1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chad, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad

We have yealink T2x series phones and don't have much echo. However, I have 1 Snom PA1 and the echo is really bad. Anyone have any ideas?

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Chad,

Echo problems can be caused by many functions, software wise as well as technical wise.

Please supply me with more information. Are your extensions behind the same LAN? Are you trying a local telephone? Is your firmware up to date? Is your PBX up to date?Does the same problem occures when you make the call from an external extension to the phone as well as from
    an internal extension to the phone? Do you use a headset? Do you have configured the appropriate ports?

You could also:

1.Check that your cables, switches and all your involved equipment are connected correctly and there's nothing loose
    2. Try connect a different phone on the same socket and cable the Snom uses, see if the problem occures

Thank you

3. Chad

We are using 3cx in the cloud with 15.5.5. Everything resides on local LAN going through Debian 8 VM SBC. This is a pretty new installation just a month or 2 old. A SNOM PA1 isn't a phone it's a paging system so there's no reason to call it from externally.

4. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Chad,

Is your VM of the supported ones? If you followed the guides correctly and everything is configured as it should and you are sure there is no technical problem then we will need support information and a capture to locate where is the problem occurred.
    Do you have the ability to open a ticket in our ticketing system?

Thank you

5. Chad

Yes it is supported. As stated it's Debian 8 Hyper V. I got the directions from 3cx site. I don't believe I have rights to open a ticket.

6. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Chad,

In that case,please send me a p.m. I will need capture and support files (change your logging level into verbose mode first).

Let me ask you something just to clear out every possible situation,are the connected to your PA1 speakers in range with the microphone that you make the announcements? Are you making use of custom templates?

Thank you

7. Chad

loannisM the speakers are in our warehouse. However, it does go across some of the phones. I just went and talked to the employees having the problems and they have changed their statement. Now they are saying it only happens in certain areas where the speakers are close to the phones. I'm going to set up 2 different PA extensions so they don't get echo from surrounding phones. I'll update and let you know if this fixes our problem.

8. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Chad,

Good to hear that we may found the solution. I believe that this was the reason which caused the problem. Please do update.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.