Echo Test *777

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

I see the System Extension Echo Test *777, and I can dial it and speak ... ... and hear an echo, or not.

But I can't find any documentation on why it exists, or how it's useful - other than my own speculation.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It echos your voice...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cfive

cfive Member

Yes, it does :lol: . I'm wondering how that's useful to me, though.

Thanks, Les.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I suppose that you can use the echo test instead of calling someone repeatedly and asking "can you hear me now?" , when troubleshooting a one way, or lack of, audio problem

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It's been placed there for those pesky 3CX users who complain they have delayed audio issues in their networks.
    They can pinpoint the problem by making calls to the echo service from different locations on their network.

You can also see how long it takes for the round trip around your network to complete. :roll:
    And for those really special people, you can now speak to yourself... ON THE PHONE!

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

What can be better then a fair answer?
    *777 answers the(all?) questions which are related to audio delivery.

Thanks

7. cgallery

I find it very helpful when fine-tuning QOS parameters and remote extensions. I can make adjustments to my routers, then generate a ton of network traffic while I monitor the echo extension to make sure the network traffic doesn't kill my conversation (with myself :lol: ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.