Echo when using intercom with speaker phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by networxxbiz, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. networxxbiz

Is there any way to reduce the echo caused by the intercom in a small office? Basically if you can hear the person speaking the delay before you hear them over the speaker is causing an echo. With an analog/digital phone system there is no noticeable delay and no echo. I am using the Cisco SPA525G2 phones with Audio provided by the 3CX system.

If the person on the other end of the intercom picks up and uses their handset or headset the echo is only by them (as they can hear the person talking and them coming over the headset delayed).

Thanks for any ideas.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Some delay, is always be inevitable when dealing with VoiP. If it is severe you might be able to minimize it by making changes in your network (switches), depending on the make-up.

3. GManNAtl

I have to agree with leejor

If you are experiencing this on your LAN it is most likely a QoS issue. I would verify the method the phones are using DSCP, DiffServ, Precedence. Also, verify that your 3CX server has priority assigned to the NIC (Although internal calls should be P2P). Then check in your switch and make sure what QoS it is "honoring" and make sure it is configured correctly.

4. networxxbiz

Thank you for the replies, that's what I told my customer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.