Echo

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alliedbs, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alliedbs

Any can help on this?? When i use the 3cx softphone, i call out to a mobile phone, there is ehco sound feed back to the mobile phone user when he talk. Pls Advise.

Thks....

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

if you have echo try why another computer to test. the echo is issue from bad quality of network, computer, or gateway.

check if your computer have quite memory, or good sound card of network etc... your network is cat5e ? switch are not saturated ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The reason for echo, is that some point in the network, the sound that he is sending is going through a hybrid that combines the transmit and receive, and he is hearing his voice back again. Standard POTS phones contain these. If the call was completely digital and two separate paths, ie. his voice only went to your ear and your voice only went to his ear, then there would never be echo. Most networks use echo suppressors to overcome the problem BUt can be overwhelmed if the level one direction is too loud. Somewhere, his voice is going analog (your headset?) and is leaking back towards him. Does this only happen on the one computer? have you tried a different headset? Is it a USB headset or one that uses a mic and speaker plug? You're not using the mic and speaker built into the computer are you?

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Is there any echo if you use headphones with 3cx softphone?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ec268

Try to decrease the mic & speaker volume. Especially, speaker.

6. Alliedbs

Hi, Is not the computer got echo, Is the mobile user who i call can hear the ehco and is not near me..... i try a few mobile user, they say got echo..

Can anyone advise me how to solve the problem.

Thanks....

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

"Once again" :)

Is there any echo (on the other side of call) if you use headphones with 3cx softphone?

Thanks

8. Alliedbs

Yes. There is echo on other side on mobile phone.... Pls Advise.... Thks....

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can (at any time) make a "wireshark capture of network traffic" on your server (in case if you use 3CX PBX) or on your PC (in case of 3cx phone). Wireshark provides you ability to check "outgoing stream". If it (outgoing stream) contains echo then please report it to us, otherwise you should ask "provider" which delivers audio (provided by phone or 3CX PBX) to mobile phone.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.