Edit 3CX Phone Default config file

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sanketgroup, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanketgroup

Hello
    some values in 3CX Phone config file (XML Welcome file) are getting wrong.

for e.g
    <MyPhoneServerPublicAddr> this should i have my External IP but it always has my local 3CX server LAN IP.
    same way with
    <ProvLinkExternal> this also has Local IP instead External IP

What should i do so that new XML file for all extension has this correct value.

2. nikosT_3cx

3CX Support

Hi,

these information can be specified only during the setup in order the Phone System the generate the appropriate information on the profile of each extension.
    Please uninstall the Phone System, restart the machine to clear the cache, run the installer again and configure the appropriate information on the appropriate fields : http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/

3. sanketgroup

Hello
    I already specified correct information during setup.

I entered my external static Public IP when it asked first time in setup, and so it shows same external IP when i go to Settings > Network > Static Public IP.

Problem is, when 3cx send welcome message it contains local ip only and it's template.

You may replicate this in demo environment. Just enter Public static IP during setup and send welcome message to any extension and yet it will have following same problem in it's welcome file.
    <MyPhoneServerPublicAddr> this should i have my External IP but it always has my local 3CX server Local LAN IP.
    same way with
    <ProvLinkExternal> this also has Local IP instead External IP

4. andreaschr

andreaschr Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there ,

Can you tell me if you choose nat or no nat , SplitDNS , External/Internal or IP only ?

5. sanketgroup

I selected NAT since it is behind router.

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you are using V14, open the registry on the server (regedit) and you go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3CX\PhoneSystem is the correct information there for the Public IP, Local IP, Domain and Local Domain?

Changing something here will not fix anything but it would give us an indication of what might be happening. It should though have the External FQDN there under normal circumstances.

7. sanketgroup

Under this registry node

Public IP: is already my Public IP
    Local IP: is my local IP
    Domain: is my local IP
    Local Domain : is my Local IP

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In that case during the installation you most likely chose the "I do not have an FQDN. The Local IP will be used.". Also in the registry in the dnsType you probably see "nodns".

If this indeed is the case you would have to re-install it as this mode does not allow Remote Extensions to work as the option label implies (the local IP will be used). In V14 in order to for remote 3CX phones to work at minimum you require an External FQDN.

You could also have a look here for more information about the other options available:
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/#h.7lgcpd5rel6n

9. sanketgroup

In that case i will be in trouble since i do not have external FQDN.
    Hence we were using public ip to reach to 3cx from outside of LAN.

wondering why 3cx cannot accept ip also instead of domain name only.

thanx

10. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It was a decision from the Dev Team as some features I believe would not work like WebRTC and the upcoming failover, plus it adds a bit to the security as well.

11. sanketgroup

So i have to manually modify each "welcome config files" before sending to extension user.
    I need to manually type in correct Public IP in order to get it work.

12. complex1

complex1 Active Member

No you are not.

Usually your provider charge nothing if you create/add a subdomain. In your case something like “pbx.sanketgroup.com”, presuming you have the domain name “www.sanketgroup.com”.
    So create the subdomain name and forward it to your external IP where you can find the 3CX server.
    That’s all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.