edit default tamplate and assigning phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tvmarko, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tvmarko

hi
    here's what i'm doing right now:
    a new installation of v15 SP2 with 15 Snom D375 phones
    Snom phones support a display language that is not available when you use the default template. i tried to edit the default template called snom.ph.xml (my phone model is listed there so it should be the right file) in programdata\3cx\instance1\data\http\templates\phones
    i added my language. i can see that the template is correct in 3CX -> Settings -> templates -> snom.ph.xml the language option is added

but when i try to assign a phone to an existing extension and try to change Phone Display Language the option is not there

so i created a custom template and made the changes there. added the phone manually to the extension. went to phone GUI and set the provisioning URL. rebooted the phone and it all works.
    now i have to do this for each phone by hand
    and the phones are now red in the Phones overview like it's something bad to have a custom template

my question:
    can the default template be edited so that this works without a custom one?
    why did you remove the option to use a custom template when assigning phones to extensions?

this time i had 15 phones and it took me 45 minutes to do it
    i had to factory all the phones, manually add each one to the appropriate extension, copy/paste MAC of phone. go to phone GUI and copy/paste provisioning url, reboot phone, wait for phone to come back and check if it's ok.
    next time i may have 100 phones. who's going to do this if there could be or even was a much quicker way to do it. this is why we got phones that are 'supported'.

in previous 3cx versions this would take like 5 minutes to do
    zero-admin .. well... you have zero time to do anything else

and please... please change the contrast level/color of the highlighted extension/phone/etc. on some monitors/browsers you can not see what you have selected

2. IrishMLK

All of the above! Is there a timeframe for SP3?

3. aberry

aberry New Member

Also agree here. I have custom templates for the same phone per department and cannot upgrade to v15 until we have the ability back to select custom templates when creating or assigning the extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.