Edit EmailProvisioningFiles for 3cxphone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Frank D, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

I want to edit the provisioning Files attached to the welcome message / used for autoprovisioning of the 3cxphone clients. I had a look at a lot of older threads and searched the 3cx-installation folders, but could not find it. It looks like the location has been changed in the new 3cx versions. Where can I find it for V12, Service Pack 6?

Or is their a way to edit those via the Admin-Panel, without acessing the files?

Best regards Frank

2. livn46

I believe what you want is located in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<server-specific random string>\TcxProvFiles on the 3CX Server. Each extension has an individual xml file there that is re-created each time you make a change of some kind to the extension in the Admin Console.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi livn46,

thanks for your answer. I will check it out. Maybe those files weren't visible to me, as I was logged in with a non-Admin Accout into the Server.

all the best Frank

4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi again,

I located the privisioning files in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<server-specific random string>\TcxProvFiles

But what I really want to do is edit the templates, both for the provisioning files as well as the welcome-email.

Where can I find those?

Best regards Frank

5. livn46

The welcome email can be edited by logging into the Management Console, going to Settings -> General Settings -> Mail Server tab. Click on the Customize button next to "Notify User when Extension is Added". Even if you have that option unchecked, changing the text in the Customize button is what changes the welcome email that is sent out, if you send it out manually.

I'm not sure if it's possible to change the template behind the provisioning files. I've never looked into it, because I thought that the provisioning files were just an XML distillation of the options available in the Management Console for the extension. If something needs to be changed, it has to be changed in the Management Console. I could be wrong but that's what I've always thought.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi livn46,

thanks a lot, for pointing that out. I looked everywhere, but I didn't suspect it being in the mailserver-settings. Editing the Email works fine now.

We want to change the way the softphones deal with Dtmf tones by default for every softphone. There are some parameters in the provisioniong template like:
    <DtmfRFC2833 />
    <DtmfInband />
    we cannot figure out how to changes those.

Best regards Frank

7. Frank D

Frank D New Member

and we want to configure the hotkey-feature using the provisioning files, too

8. rshores

Our provisioning files for the softphones are at this location:

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<server specific gibberish>\TcxProvFiles

You'll see XML files, with the last few characters of the filename being "_###" (where ### = the extension number).

These are the files that are sent out with the welcome email; the only change that's made to them by the system is that the .XML extension is changed to .3CXCONFIG

Additionally, the following codes are present in the config file:

<DtmfRFC2833 />
    <DtmfInband />
    <DtmfSipinfo />
    <DtmfPayload />

Hope that helps!

9. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hallo rshores,

vielen Dank mit dem Hinweis mit den DMTF Codes. So wie ich Dich verstanden habe, muss man die einzlenen Dateien editieren. Wir würden eigentlich ganz gerne mehr als 100 Nutzer mit dem Softphone auf dem PC versorgen, später noch mehr über Mobiltelefone. Die Dateien einzeln zu editieren ist nicht wirklich eine Option für uns, besonders da sie ja bei Änderungen der Nebenstelle etc. wieder neu erzeugt werden. Wir könnten uns natürlich mit irgendwelchen Batch "Find and Replace" Textedit Tools behelfen, aber schön ist das nicht.

Es gibt also keine Möglichkeit diese DMTF Codes, die in dem Config-File stehen irgendwo in der Management-Konsole einzustellen? Ich habe selber nichts gefunden.

Wir mussten leider erst ein paar andere Sachen fixen und haben auch ein bisschen mit unseren Proxy- und Firewall einstellungen gekämpft, damit CTI bei den Testusern funktioniert. Deswegen hat sich das verzögert, wir planen jetzt aber die Softphones bald im größeren Stil auszurollen.

Viele Grüße Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.