Edit extension number in v12

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mixig, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

how can we change exstension number on the existing extension? Once we press apply that field is greyed out. Only option i can see is that I need to remove that existing extension and create the new one with the same settings.

Thanks

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

It does appear that they changed that behavior.. unclear why. Removing and adding a new extension does seem a bit cleaner, though.

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Once an extension is created, the extension number is uniquely allocated in the system as a Distinguished number. You cannot edit the extension number after this.

If you want to edit an extension because you do not like the number any more you have to Delete the extension and create a new one with the number you like or simply create it from the start correctly.

When you create an email account with gmail, you cannot go and change the email address. It is an integral part of the account. Same thing applies here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mixig

mixig Active Member

OK, the reason I asked this is because that was possible in v11... it is good to know that there are no other options except to delete the current extension.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.