Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Edit Originating Number Format for SIP Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jackson1, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackson1

I am using a local SIP provider. I can receive incoming calls normally. I cannot make outgoing calls. The provider has stated that he can see 3CX sending out data but it is in the wrong format. It must be xxx-xxx-xxxx@providerdomain.tld. I cannot find where to edit the formatting for this in 3CX. Any suggestions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Any digits you are sending can be manipulated in the outbound rules. The 3CX logs will confirm what you are sending them.

Your post seems to indicate that they want dashes in the number??? That is not something that I've ever seen before, and I'm not certain that it is even possible, I've never seen any provision for this. Can you confirm this?

Who is the provider, someone on the forum may be familiar with them.

3. jackson1

Sorry for the confusion. The dashes are not needed. The provider is EasyTel in Tulsa, OK. I checked the sever logs and the outgoing digits are correct. However, I cannot find where to make it append the @providerdomain.tld to the end of the dialed number.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That information is added, when you choose the outgoing route (in outbound rules) as the provider information (server, password, etc.) is datafilled as a trunk.
    The trunk does not have to register, if you do not plan on receiving calls, and the provider doesn't require it.

5. jackson1

Thanks for the info leejor. For a number of reasons we have decided to stick with the POTS lines and our SN4114 gateway. I appreciate your input though. Thanks again.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Many companies (users) run trunks to a VoIP provider, in addition to local PSTN trunks, routing long distance calls on the lower rate VoIP trunks. There are many VoIP providers that exist simply as a low cost long distance alternative. Using the outbound rules in 3CX allows you to easily direct calls to the least cost option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.