Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Editing the .3cxconfig template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netpro2, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netpro2

Some where along the way something got misspelled when the package was first installed. Now when the welcome e-mail gets generated their is a misspelling in the attached .3cxconfig file. how is this file generated and where can I go to change the connection URL it generates?

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    This file is regenerated each time you edit the associated extension, you therefore could just go to edit it from 3CX / Extensions, change something in name, apply. Revert change, apply.
    Then just Send welcome email for this extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Pierre,
    When will 3cx add a button to recreate all confit files?

As a side note - make a change to the general time zone settings. Hit apply. All config files get recreated. Change it back and hit apply again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there, yes that's a good trick too.
    You could also bulk edit extensions with shift.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Hi PJ
    I tried bulk edit at one time and it made changes to fields I did not change. So, I never touched it again. Maybe htis is something that was fixed between v11 and v12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.