Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Eleven days with no Call Logs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jimbo59, Feb 19, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Come on, 3CX, this is important! We need to see what calls are being made in real time. This has to be an easy fix and you need to assign resources to get this fixed today.

No excuse for this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ProudCanadian

I hate to say but I agree, this is a core component of the software and for what should hopefully be an easy fix its disappointing that it is taking so long.

3. AlexanderHanna

AlexanderHanna New Member

I think 3CX forget sometimes that we have to give answers to frustrating customers as to why something is not working and when it will be fix.

sip.bg likes this.
  4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

No issues over here.
    All my customers are running 3CX V15.5 SP3
    I suggest to backup, uninstall, re-install, restore to solve your issue.
    As simple as that. Just 5 minutes work for you.
    We call this... service from the house. No charge, right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You are closer to GMT. Those in the Americas have had this problem for 11 days. This is on ALL servers with SP3 installed in America continents and Hawaii and most likely anybody more than 3 hours from GMT.

In other words, you are wrong.

6. Jairo

User to User - Answers are provided by the community. 3CX does NOT provide technical support via this forum. Commercial grade support should NOT be expected

don't waste your time here

7. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Don't be silly. 3CX is well aware of this problem and they heard it here first. No technical support can fix a bug like this. It needs a patch.

We can see you are here a big 2 weeks and have no idea yet.

Jim,
    3CX Certified Engineer
    3CX Partner

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Send me a PM. I will connect to your pbx and check..
    Make a call now, to ensure we have a call for Today..
    And send me pm and link to connect. We will check and get back to you.

9. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Done.

10. Flash99

I hate to say it too but I agree, I don't really care about the new features. Yes they are nice to have, but something like this is a core component of the software and it should always work and if its not working should be fixed ASAP. Its very disappointing that it is taking so long.

11. Amadeus49

Multiple 3CX servers and all running 15.5.8801.3 have this exact issue.

Call Log -> Call Log Stopped showing any call entries around 4-6 pm USA EST.

Call Reports are also affected.

I also have one 3CX server running 15.5.1694.0 and it does not have any problems.

#11 Amadeus49, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  12. sergeyzh

Agreed, how long do we need to wait for the patch from 3CX? It has been almost 2 weeks that all my servers without proper "Call Logs" after update to SP3 :mad:

outlaw likes this.
  13. Sopock

Sopock Member

Let's hope they will listen these recommendations.

Handling date and time values usually isn't hard, but you must pay careful attention to differences in how the .NET types and PostgreSQL represent dates.
    • The only time we should be using timestamp over timestamptz is when the timestamp in question doesn’t denote an absolute point in time. I could only come up with one such scenario.
    • I believe that using timestamps (without time zone) is, in almost every case, a bug. And should be fixed.
    One possible explanation is that 3CX is trying to add UTC timestamp for which database will assume it's in local time!
    Remember that call logs will appear after UTC midnight.

It seems that client side will submit correct timezone, but there is no need for backend to handle conversion for every admin.

New default view should display last 200 records where admin could select how much to display per page. This should result in less frustrated customers which will no longer see 0 records.:cool:
    Another new feature could be toggle button where admins in different time zones could easily switch between local and UTC

14. leviticus

Between this and queue issues introduced in SP3, I'm beginning to be grateful that my update to SP2 failed and I had to spend some time in this forum. (BTW - not even sure HOW to get 'commercial grade support' from 3CX anymore).

I have now turned off automatic updates in our PBX and will probably not run updates until a month or two after release and checking on here for issue reports.

sip.bg likes this.
  15. Omar Ali

I need assistance with seeing my logs also can you assist. I have tried the correct time zone and rebooted and nothing.

16. Omar Ali

I have the latest SP3 installed now, and this is why I'm not seeing updated logs. I would see the logs a day later.... So regretting upgrading now....

17. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Wow... I'm in Southern California, and my call logs are fine on "Professional Annual 15.5.8801.3" running the Linux distribution. No logging can be a big headache for call centers, legal and otherwise.

It looks like there is another thread with a different issue seemingly related to SP3. So far, I am not affected by either.

3CX... If my system can give insight into why the other systems are having issues, contact me. I will do what I can to assist with the hardware and software configurations in my environment.

18. Omar Ali

no problem I'm located all the way in the Caribbean and carrying a completely different time zone which I set and rebooted, guess that didn't work as I am on windows........

19. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Have you checked the call logs before 4PM? These are the call logs on the main page.

20. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

A-a-a-hhh! I'm looking at yesterday!! Nothing after 16:15 on 2018-01-20, and it is 10:10 on 2018-01-21, here. Dang!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.