Eliminate SP0

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tsukraw, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

We normally hard program in the template Park 1, Park 2, Park 3 "SP1,SP2,SP3" on the the Yealink T46G phones never had any problems doing this people have been happy with it. Then on the T42 units we program a replace **1 replaced with SP1, **2 replaced with SP2 and so on so that those users can just dial **1 to pick up park 1 and such.
    Today at a customer they pointed out that if they use the 3CXPhone for Windows, right click on the call and pick park it automatically places the call on SP0.

Is there any way to eliminate SP0 or make it not available? Have a Park 0 to users just seems silly.

Second question, This same customer has multiple offices. They use SP1,2,3 for office 1. And then use SP4,5,6 for office 2. But the windows phone does not seem to have a way to control where there calls go it just puts it on the next available park?

This is 3CX V12sp5.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

love this idea. SP0 is very confusing for my users...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netswork

netswork Active Member

Would you mind sharing your config template? The yealink templates are confusing as heck to me and I am interested to see how you configured the replacement. I agree with the shared park 0 and I have noticed the same behavior in parking from 3cx phone. One way around this is to create phantom extensions in 3cx and forward them to a park line. So say you create extension 2001 2002 2003 and forward those to park 1 2 and 3. You can then transfer a call to those extensions and the call will be parked on that park line. The user can then dial the extension or use a BLF tied to the shared park or use your ** replacement method to access the parking space.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Note that the method of transferring dummy extensions to SPx could result in 2 customers being connected together if 2 users put someone to the same parking spot...

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

Craig is correct. We use it for phones that dont have enough line keys for BLF's and dont use the 3cx phone. The receptionist is generally the only one parking calls.

6. jasit

jasit New Member

we used 100-109 for SP0 - SP9 just because our users were on Nortel phones before and that what it was. I haven't tried the setup at the remote offices because we would never page the remote offices we would just transfer to the proper extension. I am not even sure how it would work if you tried store on a SP0 on a remote site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.