Eliminating the Echo on the PSTN line of SPA3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by new4, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new4

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the echo problem I'm experiencing with the Spa3102 in the 3cx system. Of course I've read the relevant guidelines here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10024/products_qanda_item09186a0080a359cc.shtml , but I just can get it to work right :oops: Is there maybe another guide I could follow in order to get this fixed? Because it's really annoying for both ends of the line..

Thank you all in advance,

Vassilis
    Rhodes island - Greece

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are a number of settings in the 3102 that can affect echo. Sometimes it is a matter of finding the right combination for your particular location and phone line. On occasion the condition of the phone line itself can cause issues that can not be completely overcome.

If you've tried all of the settings, and you are sure that the setting under International Control, are set correctly for your phone line, and you haven't increased the gain, then you may need to turn your attention the phone line itself. Try removing any other devices that may be plugged into the same phone line. Try removing any long runs of telephone wire that go to other used or unused sockets. Have the 3102 connected to the phone line with a direct run that goes nowhere else.

That is about all I can suggest. You have to realize that echo is simply leakage of audio when it's converted from fourwire back to two (digital to analogue in this case), with a delay involved. There are circuits that will overcome this up to a point, but if the level to too high, some will still leak through

3. new4

This is what the international control under the pstn line tab looks like:

Is it o.k like this? Should I change something for my region (Greece) ??

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would look into changing the Port Impedance, to a setting that is used in Greece, it's choice can affect echo. If you can't find any site that has a suggested setting for your country. , you may just have to go through all the choices (in conjunction with the other "echo" settings) to see if there is some improvement. The SPA3102 comes with defaults set for North America, and does need to de "adjusted" when used elsewhere.

5. new4

o.k, I will do so and get back to you with the results :idea: Just a confirmation: the echo settings should be altered both in the Line1 and PSTN line tabs, or only in the PSTN line tab :?:

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.