Elmeg IP290 - Cannot Register

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by retailx, Apr 3, 2007.

1. retailx

I have read all the manuals available and set-up the phone as per instructions. I have just installed 3CX server and completed setup with one extention (100)

I am trying to get an Elmeg IP290 hard phone to register on the server - but have not managed to get it registered.

Does anyone have advice or a copy of the settings for an Elmeg IP290 hard phone? The following are the setting I have made for Line 1 on the configuration menu:

Login Information:
    Displayname: My Name
    Account: 100 (same as extention number in 3CX server)
    Password: *** (same as that created for ext. in 3CX server)
    Registrar: 192.168.176.181 (LAN IP Address of 3CX server)
    Authentication Username: 100 (as set in 3CX server)

Advanced Line Settings:
    Outbound Proxy: 192.168.176.181 (LAN IP Address of 3CX server)

All other settings are taken as default; also under the Elmeg IP290 menu item Setup->Advanced I have made the following settings:

DHCP: off
    IP address: 192.168.176.182
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    Phone name: 100 (same as extention in 3CX server)
    IP Gateway: 192.168.176.1 (IP address of our internet gateway)

DNS:
    Domain:
    DNS Server 1: 192.168.176.115 (our internal DNS server address)

These are all of the settings I have made for the phone. The phone is also showing NR on it's LED menu whihc means that it is not registering with the 3CX server.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IP Gateway : 192.168.176.181 (LAN IP Address of 3CX server)

You have it setup now to route to an the internet gateway, it should route via the 3cx. The 3cx is the gateway between your phone and the internet or ata.

Hope this helps, if not. Post again.

Thanks
    Henk.

3. retailx

Henk,

many thanks for taking the time to reply.

I made the change you suggested - but this did not change situation. Still got NR showing on the Elmeg and Not Registered in 3CX.

I also downloaded latest firmware from Elmeg for the phone. Still no joy.

Do you happen to have the SIP, NAT and RTP setting for the IP290 that would normally register to the 3CX server?

On the Elmeg information page I get the following SIP information:

SIP Line Status:
    Line 1 Status: 100@192.168.176.181: Network Failure

It is as if the phone cannot see or connect to the machine running the 3CX server. I have disabled the firewall on the server. I can ping both addressed from a third party on the LAN.

In 3CX I have just created one extension that is numbered 100 with a password of 100. I am assuming this is the login and password that the IP290 needs to use to register with the 3CX server.

I have one other question. The configuration of the IP290 asks for an account and password BUT also asks for an Authentication Username for the Registrar. What is the difference between the "account" and the "Authentication Username"???

4. retailx

Just to check that my network is OK and 3CX is set-up properly I downloaded the softphone from 3CX web-site.

At first, I could not register the softphone with the following settings:

Proxy/Registrar 192.168.176.181 (IP Address of 3CX server)

It was only when I changed the Proxy/Registrar setting from the IP address to the local machine name that the registration wen through. I am running the 3CX server on machine named DevTest and when I entered this machine name into the Proxy/Registrar field the registration of the soft phone completed immediately.

I then thought that the IP290 hard phone is having the same issue finding the 3CX server with the IP address I supplied so I tried changing the Ip290 settings to use the machine name rather than the IP Address. However, this did not fix the issue.

I posted this update in the hope that someone will notice that the issue is...

5. retailx

OK, I changed the IP290 configuration and entered the following information:

Domain Our.Domain where Our.Domain is the domain for our LAN.

This fixed the issue and allowed the IP290 to register. for some reason the IP290 could not resolve the ip address of the 3CX server without the local domain name and ip address of the local DNS server.

Hope this post helps some others.

6. retailx

Special word of thanks to Henk for assistance.