• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

email alert does not work ** FIXED SMTP SERVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonners59

Reaction score
I have the 3CX install for about 2 years now (current version v9.0.14507.814 SP.5), working fine, but recently I have moved everything over to Linux, namely Ubuntu. I am currently using 10.10 Desktop version for the server. To make 3CX work I have used Sun VirtualBox and within that I am using MS Windows 7 Home Prem. The system works fine, but for two problems. One for this thread and another in a different thread:

In the General settings there is a facility for eMail alerts and voice mail notification.

I have entered the details of the email account, which is a privately owned domain hosted by Google. Google requires SSL and TSL to work, but I do not know if this is the problem, but either way, voice messages are not being emailed. There is no test facility on the 3CX - sadly, maybe a development idea.

I could use an old hotmail or tiscali email address and my local ISP SMTP, but that does not seem to work either....

Any ideas, please?

Re: email alert does not work

Hi, have you listed the mail server address within the 3CX Console

Settings >> General Settings >> Tab "Mail Server"

davidbenwell said:
Hi, have you listed the mail server address within the 3CX Console

Settings >> General Settings >> Tab "Mail Server"

Yes, sorry, that is what I meant by the "In General settings".... bit.

install a telnet client on the windows 7 virtual pc

then within telnet do telnet Hostname 25

and let me know if you get a resposne

replace hostname with the IP address of the mail server

Yes, I realise that, so I have started trying some old personal email addresses, such as [email protected] (smtp.tiscali.it) and isp's smtp, smtp1.betherenow.co.uk, but none of these are working either.

I will look at the link you sent and I still have to do the telnet test. Shall get back, but if any other ideas, please advise.

MMm Telnet just came back with 220 *****************************

What does that mean. PS I used Putty as the client. There does not seem to be a built in client or service and it does not seem top work from cmd as it used to....

RESOLVED:

Windows 7 does not have SMTP, so an SMTP server is required!!!! :twisted: There are plenty of free ones out there. I used this one:

http://www.softstack.com/freesmtp.html All I did was download and run install. As soon as it installed it was working, just went in to File and Options to make changes, but there was nothing to change. I tried a call and message and it worked just dandy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.