Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Email Alert when FAX System Extension de-registers + self repair

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by brendan.helsham, Jun 30, 2016.

1. brendan.helsham

For some reason, ever since I can remember, the fax extension will randomly de-register. When you open 'System Extensions', it is the only red extension. Restarting the service will wake it up for an indeterminate amount of time.

We have previously worked around this with scheduled tasks that restart the service each day @ 5am, and then fingers crossed the fax will run all day. These are all band-aid fixes and to be fair, I thought that by now, this would be more reliable.

So, what I would like to see is the ability to receive an email alert when the Fax service de-registers. I would also like the ability to have this issue 'self repair' like a normal extension does.

Cheers
    -Brendan

2. jonot

I have noticed the exact same thing last week, we hardly use fax so had not noticed until last week, but I am having to restart the fax service every few days on ours too.

I think this would be a very useful idea or some other way to montior system fax ext.

3. r.towle

What version of 3CXX are you using? We see the same issue with 3CX version 14 - but have not yet seen this on any install of Version 12.5......