Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Email notification for offline SBC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by that1guy, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that1guy

Greetings,

I am curious if it is possible to configure email alerting for when the SBC (or even select extensions associated with this SBC) go offline. I am using Rasp Pi 3, Debian Jessie. Example: this weekend we had an SBC go offline and did not find out about it until mid day. Is there a way I can configure email alerts if the SBC goes offline?

Additionally, when the SBC went offline (due to power surge), it should have restarted itself. Not sure why it did this. I am using cron job to restart the sbc if there is power failure:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 30
    sudo /etc/init.d/3cxsbc restart
    exit

Is there anything else I can do to ensure the SBC restarts in case of power failure?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't seen email alerts for extension de-registrations specifically, or the SBC. If power issues are commonplace at that location, then the addition of a small UPS unit, for the SBC, may be a worthwhile investment

3. OCWI

OCWI New Member

4. neville

neville New Member

You can setup email alerts to send if a phone changes registration. But, you can get a lot of emails.

Go to settings/email/notifications/The registration status of an extension changes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.