Email notification for offline SBC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by that1guy, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that1guy

Greetings,

I am curious if it is possible to configure email alerting for when the SBC (or even select extensions associated with this SBC) go offline. I am using Rasp Pi 3, Debian Jessie. Example: this weekend we had an SBC go offline and did not find out about it until mid day. Is there a way I can configure email alerts if the SBC goes offline?

Additionally, when the SBC went offline (due to power surge), it should have restarted itself. Not sure why it did this. I am using cron job to restart the sbc if there is power failure:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 30
    sudo /etc/init.d/3cxsbc restart
    exit

Is there anything else I can do to ensure the SBC restarts in case of power failure?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't seen email alerts for extension de-registrations specifically, or the SBC. If power issues are commonplace at that location, then the addition of a small UPS unit, for the SBC, may be a worthwhile investment

3. OCWI

OCWI New Member

4. neville

neville New Member

You can setup email alerts to send if a phone changes registration. But, you can get a lot of emails.

Go to settings/email/notifications/The registration status of an extension changes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.