Email notification not working for "log in / log out" event

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gustavo, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gustavo

Hi,

I'm using 3CX Phone System Version 11 - Service Pack 4 - Build 28976. I have enabled email alerts for several events:

I'm receiving email alerts correctly for all enabled events, with the exception of the event "Log in and Log out of 3CX Management console". No matter how many times I login and logout to/from the Management Console, I never receive an email alert for that particular event.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any workaround?

Thanks in advance!
    - Gustavo.

Attached Files:

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Re: Email notification not working for "log in / log out" ev

Which credentials are you using to log into management console? You must use user extension number as username and extension pin as password

3. gustavo

I was using the admin credentials defined here:

When I try to login with a user extension number as username and extension pin as password, I get the following error:

I guess I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what... please let me know if I can try something else.

Thanks for your help!
    - Gustavo.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      21.1 KB
      Views:
  4. gustavo

Once I checked the following checkbox:

... I was able to log into the Management Console with a user extension number as username and extension pin as password, and I correctly received the email alert!

Everything is working as expected. Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
    - Gustavo.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      11.2 KB
      Views:
  5. DBOD

Since I am the only one allowed access to the management console, it would be nice to get an email logging the admin logging in and out also. How else are you going to know if your admin password has been hacked? I know if it is hacked they can cover their tracks in other ways but it might catch unsophisticated intruders. 3CX feature request maybe?

6. coelhopsi

I completely agree that this should be added to 3CX. If my password is hacked and someone uses it to login, it would be very nice to know it ahead of time.

Furthermore, since there is currently a security exposure in 3CX allowing any user to view the admin's password (http://www.3cx.com/forums/multiple-logins-for-administrative-purposes-32260.html), then it would be interesting to know if some of your users are stealing the admin password.

By the way, I have just tried to add this as a feature request on 3cx.ideascale.com, but it looks like the campaign is disabled, so I'm unable to post this there. Does anybody know if 3CX is providing another place to post feature requests?

Regards,
    Fábio Pinto Coelho

7. Minkus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.