Email notification not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by keith.bucknall, Jul 5, 2007.

1. keith.bucknall

All,

I have just noticed again from the upgrade that the SMTP notification to my Exchange 2003 on the local LAN is not working. Telnet to 25 to working correctly and i have already allowed the 3CX server ip to access the SMTP server.

Any ideas

Keith

2. ess

ess New Member

What does the log below say when it is trying to send an e-mail?

C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Logs\3CXVoiceBoxManager*.log

3. keith.bucknall

hi the error is:

21:15:25.010|0390|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(771):CTaskSendNotify::SendNotify(), Error! Notification for the 'from 05 Jul 2007 20:45, caller 07971008673' message ('301' extension) has not been sent. Failed to connect to SMTP server 10.99.99.20:25, response: '503 5.5.2 Send hello first.', error: Invalid response after 'AUTH LOGIN'

This is because i do not need to authication now, thanks for the hlp this has been fixed.

But the MWI does not work with the Cisco 7941 phones - has anyone got this working

4. Alexander

Hi Keith !

What SMTP server d'u use ?

If you want I can send a patch to you. It can help. If you don't mind, please send an empty e-mail to me (alexander@3cx.com), I'll send the patch as a response.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

5. keith.bucknall

thanks for this, it was because i specified a username i removed this and the VM works ok.

thanks

keith

6. Alexander

Hi Keith !

If your server supports anonymous access, then it's ok.

7. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Yes this is a known issue with Cisco 7940 and 7941 phones - so you are not the only one. The MWI does not work - this is a firmware update problem. There is a post in this forum that explains in more detail however there was a particular firmware update that resolves this issue. I am not sure - you'll have to Google on that.

More info on these phones can be found in the below post :

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1776