• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Email notification not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith.bucknall

Reaction score
All,

I have just noticed again from the upgrade that the SMTP notification to my Exchange 2003 on the local LAN is not working. Telnet to 25 to working correctly and i have already allowed the 3CX server ip to access the SMTP server.

Any ideas

Keith

What does the log below say when it is trying to send an e-mail?

C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Logs\3CXVoiceBoxManager*.log

hi the error is:

21:15:25.010|0390|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(771):CTaskSendNotify::SendNotify(), Error! Notification for the 'from 05 Jul 2007 20:45, caller 07971008673' message ('301' extension) has not been sent. Failed to connect to SMTP server 10.99.99.20:25, response: '503 5.5.2 Send hello first.', error: Invalid response after 'AUTH LOGIN'

This is because i do not need to authication now, thanks for the hlp this has been fixed.

But the MWI does not work with the Cisco 7941 phones - has anyone got this working

Hi Keith !

What SMTP server d'u use ?

If you want I can send a patch to you. It can help. If you don't mind, please send an empty e-mail to me ([email protected]), I'll send the patch as a response.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

thanks for this, it was because i specified a username i removed this and the VM works ok.

thanks

keith

Hi Keith !

If your server supports anonymous access, then it's ok.

keith.bucknall said:
But the MWI does not work with the Cisco 7941 phones - has anyone got this working

Yes this is a known issue with Cisco 7940 and 7941 phones - so you are not the only one. The MWI does not work - this is a firmware update problem. There is a post in this forum that explains in more detail however there was a particular firmware update that resolves this issue. I am not sure - you'll have to Google on that.

More info on these phones can be found in the below post :

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1776

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.