Email Notification Sent AFTER Manual Mailbox Check

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zeigler, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeigler

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    We're running v10 SP1.1 B 19547 on a Win XP Pro virtual machine using the built in 3CX web server. Strange problem with voicemail email notifications. We have a digital receptionist that transfers directly to an extension's voicemail. The extension happens to be one that doesn't actually have a registered device connected (not sure if this is relevant). This extension is set to "send email notification only". The email server is a Windows Small Business Server 2011 machine on the same IP subnet. It accepts unauthenticated email from the 3CX machine's IP. The email notification is our only indication that there is a voicemail in this mailbox.

    I'd guess that 85% of the time we receive the email notification as usual. The other 15% of the time the email notification is not sent until a user dials in to the voicemail system (using 999 from another extension) and manually checks for new messages in this extension's mailbox. It appears that as soon as the phone system starts playing back the recorded message, the email notification is sent. Obviously, this defeats the entire purpose of the notification.

    Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? When this happens, Exchange message tracking on the email server shows the notification being received from the 3CX box at the time the mailbox is being checked from the handset. This would seem to indicate it's not related to the mail server config, but that something on the 3CX box is triggering the email notification to be sent at this time.
     
  2. zeigler

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Update:

    I was never able to resolve this problem on the existing machine. Moved our 3CX installation from the original Windows XP Pro virtual machine it was on to a new install of 3CX v10 on a Windows 7 Professional VM, restored our settings, and the problem has disappeared.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.