Email notification when emergency number is dialed

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Gunnar Brynjólfsson, Jan 5, 2018.

Email notification when emergency number is dialed 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

1. Gunnar Brynjólfsson

Hi,

We service a lot of hotels, that is using the hotel features of the 3cx. I would like to have the possibility to send e-mail to none Phone System Admin (like the lobby user) if the emergency number is dialed. Most of the hotels don't have direct numbers linked to their rooms and all the calls CallerID are from the main number.

This is just a safety measure for our customers and their guests. Today I have to add them on the Phone system admin email list and they get all the event email. Because of that I have to minimize the events sent to the Admin of the PBX.

Regards
    Gunnar

HH60 likes this.
  2. HH60

We had a similar issue with the Emergency call e-mails, i solved it through inbox rules in exchange and a invisible "code string" in the emergency e-mail template. If exchange detects the string in a mail, it is automatically forwarded to specific mailboxes. Still not perfect but it works...

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I encourage you to take a look at our 3CX 911 Emergency Notifier application . We can send notifications via phone, email, SMS text. You control who gets notified and how. In campus environments, you can control who gets notified based on the extension that dialed the emergency number. We even have a desktop tool that pops up notifications on your windows desktop.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...