Email notifications/voicemail with Office365

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sepp, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sepp

Hi,

has anyone implemented 3CX with email notifications/voicemail going via Office365 Exchange ...

I just can't get it to work, tried relay and direct, both don't work.

your help is appreciated

Sepp

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sepp

Here is what I get when sending a test email

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Sending to Exchange Online requires TLS.
    v10 won't do TLS, v11/12 will.

So.. for v10, relay your mail using an on-premise SMTP server, utilizing proper SPF to ensure better delivery.
    If you are runnning v10 on Windows Server, add that role/feature and point 3CX to it.. can either do a local auth or config it to just allow the relay from your subnet. I "prefer" using an on-premises SMTP host and sending email from there.. not using an Exchange Online mailbox and depending on it running correctly.. but that's me. I'd do this for v11, even though it does TLS.

So.. for v11.. use TLS of course. As mentioned, the sending address will need a user account on Exchange Online.. meaning another Office 365 license gets chewed up. See why I mention using your own SMTP host now? If you are trying to send using Exchange Online, it will need a mailbox for the address you use.. and a license for the mailbox.

That, and it's better practice. I fight with web hosts all the time over the same matter.. just send the mail from the website host.. you don't "need" to auth to my Exchange/SMTP host to send mail.

4. Sepp

Hi Ian,

which "simple" host do you recommend ... V12 on Win7 VM...

Many thanks

5. bardissi

bardissi Member

Just setup a free gmail account and use that for outgoing smtp.

6. a-hernandez

I'm using also Office 365, Like Bardisi mentioned, just created a gmail account and use it as my smpt.

The plus side with this is you have all the VM's stored on your "send" items on gmail.

7. Sepp

Many thanks for all the recommendations,

but they defeat the intent of using Office 365 ... there must be a way of directly using Office 365

surely ...

thanks
    Sepp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.