Email Notifications

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by emerinea, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emerinea

3CX Vs 12.5
    WS 2008 R2
    Cisco 7942 Phones
    Yealink T42 Phones
    Yealink T46 Phones

I moved our organization from Cisco CM to 3CX the first week of August this year. I went to Settings>>General>>Email Notifications and checked all events last week. The system is generating a lot of email notifications. 156 since Friday. I'm not receiving any user complaints. I posted a few examples below. Are these anything I need to deal with? Could someone explain more in depth what each means?

3CX Phone System Email Notification - ID 4101 - Registration status for extension changed
    (0) domainname 10/5/2015 1:47:27 PM
    Event source: 3CXPhoneSystem
    Extension 1413 is unregistered, removed contact: sip:1413@10.55.4.64:5060;transport=udp

Within the same minute another notification is generated with the following statement.

3CX Phone System Email Notification - ID 4101 - Registration status for extension changed
    (0) domainname 10/5/2015 1:47:27 PM
    Extension 1413 is registered, contact: sip:1413@10.55.4.90:5062

3CX Phone System Email Notification - ID 12294 - Error response received from Trunk/Provider
    (0) domainname 10/6/2015 9:48:42 AM
    Call or Registration to 5555555555@(Ln.10000@SIPprovider) has failed. [ V4 SystemIP:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=780 ] replied: 404 Not Found; from IP:SystemIP:5060

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It simply depends on the degree or tolerance level you have as to being informed.

There are a number of mechanics that take place in a system. The first entries are related to the extension or phones. When first connected, the phones will attempt to register to the system. This makes the system "aware" of their presence and their ability to take a call. Each phone is then expected to re-register at pre-defined intervals so as to keep the system informed. The notices you have are likely related to this activity. In a stable environment, it may be that the phones register less frequently whereas if, for instance, they are outside of the LAN or mobile, perhaps there is a need to register more frequently. These parameters can normally be found in the phone settings and can be adjusted to suit the need or desire. Some may have settings that call for the phone to re-register some time prior to its anticipated expiration.

The last code 404 is simply an indication that the number used was not found (not valid) and the call could not be completed by the provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.