Email option with exchnage server

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by davidbenwell, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi,

We have setup a VAD App to send the output of the callers input via email.

if we set it to use a external mail server "Linux" then all works very well. soon as we try and set it to use an Exchnage 2007 or 2010 it will not send the emails.

any ideas? we tryed putting the username as DC-(domain)\username but this does not help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

The protocol used is the same (SMTP), so the problem pretty sure is the authentication.
    Try using double slash (\\) because the single slash is a escape character in javascript.
    The error description should be stored in a log file named "Errors_EMailSender.log", located in the deployment folder: C:\ProgramData\3CX\RollBack\AppData\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\YOUR_PROJECT_NAME

Let me know if this helps you.

3. davidbenwell

does not show any logs of that name at the location you listed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VAD_Support

Sorry, the right folder is:
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\YOUR_PROJECT_NAME

Where you need to replace YOUR_PROJECT_NAME with your project name and latest build number.

5. davidbenwell

I have checked the path but there is not a file of that name. Please can you check the location and file name and confrim?

6. VAD_Support

If you're having an error with the E-Mail sender component a file with name "Errors_EMailSender.log" should be generated in the project folder (the path is correct).

But maybe here you're having another error. In that case we should check the 3CXIvrServer.log file located at C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Logs\3CXIvrServer.log. Please look at that file and send me what you find.

Thanks,

7. tom_ch

I suppose you have to enable the internal mail-relay on your exchange server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.