Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Email setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by FVermeer, Jun 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FVermeer

I installed version 15.5 today and to be honest, I'm very dissapointed. I experience a lot of bugs and a less user friendly interface. I'll share some of the problems I ran into:

Email:
    In no single way it is possible to setup a working e-mail connection. No G-mail, no service provider mail, no mail from a private mailserver. I ruled out all firewall and authentication issues. The only error I see when testing is: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:25 . I don't have a single clue anymore. I've read other posts with similar issues, but none of them had a solution in my case. Even tried to reset the service or restart server after changing email settings, all result in no respond from host. Is there somebody with a clue?

2. agp

agp 3CX Team

Hi FVemeer,

I would like to assure you that the email service is working fine, if set up correctly :)
    • Please specify which platform you are using. Windows or Linux?
    • Did you try all the options you mentioned and got the exact same error?
    • Are you sure that you are using the correct host/port? For example using smtp.gmail.com on port 25 won't work since its only listening on 587 and 465 using TLS.
    • Lastly, please make sure that your firewall is configured correctly.
    I would double check that the host/port used is correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.