• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Email Templates, specifically for Fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Warren

Reaction score
I'm setting up the fax function within 3CX and have much of it configured, including a custom banner. However, during some testing I came across the fact that the Fax field within the header does not populate the phone number where the fax was sent to.

For instance, I sent two test faxes, one to a number ending in 8406 and another ending in 8495. Both of these numbers are configured in the Inbound Rules to "email of extension 88", which is the extension within our 3CX Phone System used for faxing. When the fax was received in the inbox assigned to extension 88, the Fax ID field shows a number ending in 8333, which is our company's main fax number, but it isn't configured within 3CX and is being hosted by a third party company, not the TelCo we use to provide SIP lines for 3CX.

I attempted working around this, by editing the Fax template to report the variable %%PARTYCALLERID%% for the Fax ID field, however, the variables are limited to only be used within certain templates (WHY?!). See here.

So my question is two-fold:
1) Where does 3CX get the data to populate the FAX_ID variable?
2) Can I change where it gets that info OR can I change the variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.