Email Trigger when extension dialed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aw_th, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aw_th

Hi there,

I've searched google as well as the forums but couldn't find what I was looking for, I may be searching for the wrong terms however.

I currently have an extension that is our "emergency" extension for any urgent issues in one of our depts. I currently have a "yesterday" call report of all calls to that extension being generated and emailed on a daily basis using the Call Reports tab/menu in the webUI server/system manager, 3cx version 14. This functionality is working as expected without issues.

My question is: is it possible to set up an event or trigger so that ANYTIME a call is sent to that extension an email is automatically sent (whether immediately, or once the call is completed). I can't seem to find a setting that would allow this.

Thanks for your time

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If the Emergency Extension was an external number, you could add it into the Settings -> Emergency Numbers, then go to the Email Notifications and enable the "Someone dials an Emergency Number" option. That would immediately send an email.

Unfortunately though you cannot add an extension in the Emergency Numbers list. I can't think of a work-around for this either.

3. aw_th

Thanks very much for the quick response.

I think I'll hold off on using your suggestion and just use the daily generated reports, which should satisfy our needs at this time.

4. positron

There's a method that I use for something similar.

I create a dummy extension number (A) for the calls for which I want to get notifications. For that extension, I add the desired internal destination (B) in the mobile number field and the notification e-mail address in the e-mail field. I change the forwarding rule to "Send call to my mobile number" for all call types. Under Options, I add a check for "Send email notification on missed call".

When someone dials extension number (A), the call is routed to extension number (B) and at the conclusion of the call, the e-mail address assigned to (A) is sent a missed call notification message with date, time and "from" extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.