Emailled Wav file won't play on Android

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KeithB, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithB

Hi

I've recently upgraded from 3cx v12 to 3cx v12.5 and am now having problems with the emailed wave files when trying to play on Android phone - VLC, Google Play Music nor ES Media Player will play the files on the phone, however, they can be played on Windows Media Player. Has the file format been changed with this upgrade and what can I do to get the old format back?

Regards

Keith

2. KeithB

Update to above - the wav files from v12.5 appear to be 32kbs whereas the wave files from v12 appear to be 128kbs.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

No problems on my HTC One M9 with 12.5.
    Your mileage may vary.

4. KeithB

It looks like I'm not the only one with problems playing 32kbs wav files on Android. I've downgraded to v12 until the problem can be resolved - probably the best solution would be to have a switch in 3cx to select the type of file to create.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2458833/how-do-i-get-a-wav-sound-to-play
    I have experience using the MediaPlayer object for an android app I created, and I discovered the following:
    •Wav files have problems in MediaPlayer if they have a bitrate of 32kbps, but wav files of higher bit rates seem to play ok, even if it is a large wav file it will play ok as long as it has the higher bitrate.
    •If at all possible, use mp3 files for your audio, I encountered no problems whatsoever with mp3 audio files using the MediaPlayer object, so that is the best way to go, using google there are lots of different kinds of mp3 sounds available free from rings and dings, to dog barks, and cat meows, or whatever kind of sound you are looking for.

5. eryp

Same problem here and it's causing serious issues for my users. Some of them can bypass the problem by installing VLC player. Others cannot.

Also the files will not play directly in Chrome browser as they did before. You now have to download the file and open it in a media player.

Please offer an option to change the bitrate for the .wav files. The bitrate/format that was used previous to v12.5 worked well.

6. ITKSteve

Same problem here and a real issue for my customers who heavily rely on listening to their voicemails from their cell phone. iPhones seem to suffer as well. At least on the 2 I tested. This is a bug that needs to be addressed really quickly.

Steve

7. livn46

Just to chime in: not so much for Android (we don't use the Android app much), but our users used to be able to play their voicemails attached to emails from within Chrome, and this seems to have stopped working when we upgraded to 12.5, I'm assuming because of this. Being able to change the format of the voicemail .wav's (or at least reverting them to the way they were before) would be very nice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.