Emails from Gabriela

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ian.watts, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

The second incident.. My clients are getting emailed from a Gabriela Saborio Adamides.. gsa@3cx.com.. telling them their systems are out of date, SHA1, etc..

Legit?

The links do not point back to typical 3CX download URLs.. certainly doesn't seem legit to me.
    While one client didn't have the latest v11 service pack, another already on 12 was at 6.2.

Or.. did something get hacked (email accounts taken..) and we're not being informed of it?

2. jasit

jasit New Member

It's legit, google had changed their ssl licencing

so their old activation service won't work, so they are upgrading older licences to version 11 4b so they will work, otherwise if you change your ip or machine, your 3cx server won't connect and it will drop your licence.

here is what I got.

You are entitled to a FREE service pack for 3CX Phone System v11 in order to apply this upgrade on your PBX.
    To install the Service Pack please follow the steps below:
    • Access the management console > Updates node > 3CX Service Pack Updates and Download Update 4B - License Update - Build 30296.
    • If you reinstall, download the latest build of v11 here

jasit

3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Please read this
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/phone-system-12-5-sp1/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

First.. the "unsubscribe" is sending the email to quarantine.. most are using McAfee SaaS for mail filtering.
    Second.. multiple clients have gotten and asked us about it.. whether they are on 11, 12, or 12.5.

Did the resellers get something and my boss didn't bother to inform his people (me)? Or.. was this campaign just sprung?

Sure sure.. I get the hot update needed blah blah.. that's not where I'm coming from.

5. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Not sure about these emails,

3CX info on this issue - http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/v125v12v11update/

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Ian - are you subscribed to the blog notifications?
    It may be the best way for you to stay informed about these important updates.
    I think they could manage this better - and allow us to subscribe to "update" blogs only - as I do not care about every SIP provider they add or every little How-To - but the updates are important ones...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I cannot rule out the "obvious" possible idea that they informed the reseller channel.. who would be my boss on point.. and I'd never know about it.

Let's just say I'm used to that...

8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

not a fun situation to be in... :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.