Solved Emails not being sent out.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AH2, Mar 14, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH2

AH2 New Member

Hi,

I've setup a 3cx Free on Google Cloud, all running good, with one exemption, email's are not being sent out, tried using my own host ( it worked at first ), and now with mailgun, still nothing, I click test on Settings > Email, and nothing happens.

Any idea ? comments ?

Thanks in advanced.
    AH

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi AH2,

If I understand correctly, you used your own smtp with your email account which worked. Then the system without any reason has stop send welcome emails, notifications etc.. Also you tried to setup your mailgun account and the problem still remains, is that correct? Try to setup a gmail account and let us know. May i refer you to this guide https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/gmail-mail-server/
    Also please let us know if the system shows you any error.

3. AH2

AH2 New Member

Hello, thanks for your reply. Correct, thats what happened, I've tried using the gmail settings, but every time I save the :587 gets removed from host.

When I click Test, nothing happens, I used to see some red text for what ever the response was, but not any more, i've restarted the instance, still persist, I can't seem to find any particular error.

Thanks again.
    AH

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hey, the port not being saved is just a visual thing, if you go to Settings --> Parameters and search for 'MLSRVPORT' you will see if the port has been saved or not.

Also make sure you are not using Internet Explorer as the browser to access the MC, prefer Firefox or Chrome

AH2 likes this.
  5. AH2

AH2 New Member

So I removed the instance, and created a new install, all running good, added gmail, started getting errors, could no send out. then resolved by:

Reason: Google was blocking access from unknown location (app in production)

Solution: Go to http://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha and click continue (this will grant access for 10 minutes for registering new apps). After this my app in production started sending emails ;)

Thanks for the help.

6. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi AH2,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thanks for sharing the solution :)

AH2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.